ISSUED: December 1, 1940
PAPER: Watermarked double cross on pyramid
DESIGNER: Sandor Legrady
PURPOSE: To commemorate the recovery of northwestern Transylvania from Romania, or the return of Erdeley, Transylvania, to Hungarian rule.
PICTURE: Warriors of the Middle Ages at either side of the double Royal Crown, superimposed on bright rays. St. Stephen with the sword and Apostolic Cross at the left and St. Ladislaus with the battle ax and the orb at the right.
HISTORY: The Nazis dictated this restoration under the Vienna Conference on August 30, 1940, and the occupation was completed on September 13, 1940. The inscription under the crown KELET VISSZATER means the east returns.
ISSUES OF THE REGENCY No. 558